Changing your NCU Account Name


NCU account names are based on your legal name as it appears on official university records. Active faculty, staff, or students can request a username change under the following circumstances:

  • There is a misspelling in your name.
  • Your legal name has changed and the username no longer reflects the legal name

Requesting a username change

  1. Contact the appropriate university office to start the name change process.
    1. For students, contact the Office of the Registrar.
    2. For employees, contact the Office of Human Resources.
  2. Once your name change is approved and in effect, submit an IT service request for a username change.

After a username change

  • Username: The IT service desk will provide you with your new username.
  • Email: Your old email address will be automatically forwarded to your new email address, so you won't lose any future emails. We do highly recommend you immediately begin letting your contacts know what your new email address is.
  • Passwords: None of your passwords will have been changed.
  • Account content: No content (emails, contacts, class work in Courses, etc) will have been lost. You shouldn't notice any differences other than your username.


Article ID: 85101
Sun 8/18/19 4:52 PM
Fri 4/17/20 4:55 PM

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Your North Central credentials are used for accessing university computers, email, services, and networks. Use this service to report issues with your account or to request changes for an existing North Central University employee, student worker, or to request changes to a current employee's network access due to a change of department or responsibilities.  Do not use this form to request new accounts.